- For customer subscribed to IPSERVERONE Linux Shared Hosting, the authorized contact will get the login information for their respective control panel. The control panel is DirectAdmin, which you can manage the DNS records, Email Accounts, Website Files… etc
- The login to the control panel is https://nsXX.small-dns.com:2222
- If your nameserver is pointing to the hosting server, you may also login with http://cp.yourdomain.com:2222
- You will need to create an email account first, before setting up this specific email account into email client such as Thunderbird, Outlook …etc
- When you setup the email account, your email client will send a request to the server with your email account login information to verify
For email account creation :
You may refer to the guide here https://www.ipserverone.info/control-panel/directadmin/create-email-accounts-on-DirectAdmin/
General email account setting :
- Incoming server hostname : nsXX.small-dns.com
- IMAP : 993
- POP3 : 995
- SMTP / Outgoing server hostname : nsXX.small-dns.com
- SMTP Port : 465
- Incoming server hostname : mail.yourdomain.com
- IMAP : 143
- POP3 : 110
- SMTP / Outgoing server hostname : mail.yourdomain.com
- SMTP Port : 25 or 2525
What is the difference between SSL and non-SSL Ports ?
- When you use a standard POP or IMAP connection to download your email , your username and password is sent in clear text across the Internet.
- Anyone in a position between your computer and mail server (Internet traffic) can potentially “intercept” your network traffic and clearly read your username and password.
- SSL provides authentication and encryption during communication between your computer and email server. However, it does require additional set up time and is not suitable for every installation.
What is the difference between POP3 and IMAP ?
- POP is a simple protocol, only allows downloading messages from your Inbox to your local computer. In POP3 the mail can only be accessed from a single device at a time.
- IMAP allows you to view all the folders and messages from the mail server. Messages can be accessed across multiple devices.
- For POP3 setup, it’s meant for download all the emails into email clients (local computer) and removed the email from server. The only backup of the email will be stored locally in your computer in this case
- You can perform backup of the email, by export the email into .pst format.
- If you want to keep messages on the server please make sure the setting Keep email on server is enabled or else all messages are automatically deleted from the server once downloaded to the email client
- For IMAP setup, in general it always synchronize the same email content for your email client from the server.
- If you delete messages from your email client, the email in the server will be deleted too. However, if you have a lot of transaction email with attachment, the email will appear “slowly” in your email client because the email constantly need to download from the server.
How to setup email ?
- You may search for the general guide in https://www.ipserverone.info , in the Search our database box with the keyword such as “outlook ssl pop3“
- you may click on one of the suitable available guide according to the keywords
- for example, you have clicked on https://www.ipserverone.info/email/how-to-setup-outlook-2013-with-ssl-pop3/
Issue with setting up email in email client :
For support purpose, we will need more detailed information from customers for troubleshooting purpose. Please prepare the following details :
- Screenshot Email settings
- Your Public IPv4 ( you may get it from https://www.whatismyip.com/ )
- Screenshot of Error message
- Provide us which specific URL / guide you have followed, which specific step we can recreate the error
Scope of Support :
- Check on mail logs to verify user email account setup
- Check on mail logs to verify user email sending and receiving
- Email services status check
- Email server configuration, updates, installation, maintenance
Out of Scope of Support :
- Internet Connectivity Issues from Client devices to the ISP network
- Email Client Installation
- Email Client Software error check / patch / bug fix
- Setup email account in end user devices