Search Our Database
How Configure MAC Client for L2TP / IPSEC VPN
1. Go to System Preferences in your Mac and click on Network.
2. Click on the “+” at the bottom left corner.
3. Choose the following from the drop-down list:
- Interface: VPN
- VPN Type: L2TP over IPSec
4. Key in your VPN server public IP address, and your VPN user name under the Account Name and then click on Authentication Settings.
5. At the prompted window, input the following and click on the ok button to save it:
- Password: Your VPN user’s password
- Shared Secret: Your Pre-shared key
6. Click on Advanced.
7. Tick the Send all traffic over VPN connection checkbox.
8. Click on Apply and then click on Connect to start your VPN Connection.
9. To verify whether your VPN connection is working, you can visit https://www.whatismyip.com.