1. Log into your hosting control panel if you do not know how to access to the mysql database phpMyAdmin page.
- For plesk users, log into the control panel and go into Database under the Applications & Services category. This will bring you to the page below, where you need to click on the small icon as underlined for the selected mysql database.
- For DirectAdmin users, log into the control panel and click on phpMyAdmin under the ‘Advanced Features’ category.
2. Access in phpMyAdmin using an existing database user for the selected database.
3. On the phpMyAdmin main page, you may click on the database to view the database tables contained inside the database.
4. You can view the database table engine type from the list. Click on the SQL tab in order to run queries.
5. Run the query by insert the query below into the blank space, replace the TableName to the database table name that you wish to change, then click on Go.
ALTER TABLE TableName ENGINE = InnoDB;
ALTER TABLE TableName ENGINE = MyISam;
6.) The database table engine type will change to your desired engine type if the query was run successfully.