Search Our Database
How to Solve “Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader” Error After Upgrading PHP From Version 5.2 to 5.3
1. To check if ioncube PHP Loader loading fine, you may use the command below:
This command will show you the loaded modules of PHP, check if “ionCube Loader” and “Zend Modules – the ionCube PHP Loader” loaded in the list. If not, please refer to Here for the guide on how to build Zend optimizer and ionCube loader.
2. And if you are sure that you have had PHP, ionCube loader and Zend build and still have the same error, you should use the command below to check on the PHP.
And you will able to see the PHP version message.
If the PHP is having an issue with the PHP version, you will see a message like below:
Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader - it was built with configuration 2.2.0, whereas running engine is API220090626,NTS Cannot load the ionCube PHP Loader - it was built with configuration 2.2.0, whereas running engine is API220090626,NTS
3. The reason is that you’re still using the ionCube 5.2 loaders (or older) and need to download the latest loaders and use the loaders for PHP 5.3. To do this, refer to the guide below.
wget downloads2.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz tar -zxvf ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.tar.gz cd ioncube cp ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so /usr/local/ioncube/
4. And then edit the file /usr/local/lib/php.ini, looking for the line below and make sure it refers to ionCube loader version 5.3
zend_extension = /usr/local/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.3.so
Make sure only ONE ioncube_loader.so loaded in ONE TIME, or else it will give you an error like below:
php -v PHP Deprecated: Comments starting with '#' are deprecated in /usr/local/lib/php.ini on line 1288 in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Module 'ionCube Loader' already loaded in Unknown on line 0 The ionCube PHP Loader is disabled because of startup problems.
5. After the path setup, restart httpd service:
6. And if everything loads fine, you will see a message like below:
php -v PHP 5.3.16 (cli) (built: Sep 13 2012 22:31:08) Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.2.2, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by ionCube Ltd.