Search Our Database
How to add an unsubscribe link to your Newsletter
- Select the text you want to use as a hyperlink.
- Click on the “Add Hyperlink” icon.
- Now change the type to “mailto:”.
- Enter the URL. This should be mailto: followed by your list email and the subject keyword to unsubscribe.
Let’s say the email address of your list is email@example.com and the unsubscribe keyword is the default (Remove).
A click on mailto: link will open the recipient’s mail client with pre-set recipient and subject, so the member-only has to send it.
The message with the subject “remove” would be automatically received by the program through the next “Synchronize”.
- Use a link to a webform which generates the unsubscribe email
- Use “Reply with Remove in the subject” instead of the mailto link
- Use a combination e.g. Click here to unsubscribe (as mailto link) … or reply with “Remove” in the subject