You can restore whole Devices or selected files and folders from any ‘Recovery Point’. You can extract files from a Recovery Point to an off-site server or local hard disk.
To restore data in R1soft, follow the instructions below.
1. Click on “Recovery Points” in the Main Menu to open the “Recovery Points” :-
2. In the “Recovery Points” list, select an Agent from the drop-down menu located on the “Recovery Points” list toolbar.
3. Select a Disk Safe from the drop-down menu located on the “Recovery Points” list toolbar.
4. Find a Recovery Point and click on the “Browse” icon in the “Actions” column for this Recovery Point.
5. The “Browse Recovery Point”
6. Select the checkboxes next to the files and folders you want to restore.
7. Once the files and folders are selected, click on “Restore Selected.”
8. The “Restore Files” pop-up will open.
9. Specify the following options:
Restore to Agent
- Agent – Select this option to restore to an Agent already added to the system. Connects to the Agent name and uses the port configured.
- Host Name/IP – Connect to the specified host name and port. This option allows you to Restore to a Host with a Host Name/IP address different than the original Host.
- Port Number – Used together with the Host Name/IP.
Restore to Folder
- Original Location – Restores to the same directories when the Recovery Point was created.
- Alternate Location – Specify a path on the Host to Restore the files to. The complete path and directory structure of all selected files will be created under the path specified here. If the specified path does not exist, it will be created.
- Overwrite Existing Files – When enabled, any existing files or directories with the same name will be overwritten, even if they are newer.
10. Click on “Restore.”
11. A notification window will inform you that the Restore task has been scheduled. It means the Task has started. The “Reporting” screen displays the progress of the Task.
Click “OK” in the displayed.
12. To view the Restore Task details, access the “Reporting”.